Oh no! Another New Years resolution blog post! Yes! And no.
Sure, I have goals, but this year I decided to set some new rules for myself.
1) Be in bed, phone off, by 9:30. This ensures I get at least eight hours of sleep. I’ve been doing this for the past several days, and what a difference! I can think more clearly, I’m more focused, and I have more energy, but not in a manic, shakey, caffeine way.
2) No more caffeine. With getting more sleep, I’m finding I need less caffeine anyway, but the biggest motivation is the cost. We are a one-income family with two mortgages (anyone want to buy our beautiful lakefront house in Newport News, VA?), and my crippling Starbucks habit is NOT helping. I finished draining the money available in my app, then deleted it.
Also, caffeinated beverages don’t really boost my energy anymore, and just kind of make me irritable.
3) No more Facebook. It’s another crippling addiction. Since I deactivated my account a week ago, I’ve had more time to not just clean, but declutter and organize. Plus, I occasionally get angry about stuff, and I post it to Facebook, causing lots of butt hurt. Which brings me to…
4) Write it in a journal. When I post about how I really feel about things, people’s widdile feewings get hurt. Overly sensitive people can’t get their feelings hurt if I write how I feel in a journal.
5) No more shopping from my phone. I buy a lot more crap than I need when I can jump on the app and hit “buy now.” You may remember I mentioned that we’re a one-income family with two mortgages. We can’t exactly afford for me to get whatever shiny catches my eye. So as soon as I get my last few books I ordered in, I’m deleting my Amazon and Ebates apps.
Now don’t misunderstand, I plan to still shop online. It’s just now, I have to do it from my slow, frustrating computer.
So there you have it, my rules for the rest of my life. I have other goals for the year in motion already, and I’ll post about them as I find motivation 😊